Once you've been using them for a bit our bars will get thin, and the nature of the non-palm ingredients we use means they can be a bit brittle and crack.
But don't fear! If your bars are in bits there's a solution - you can melt them at home using just a microwave and get a new bar in no time.
- A microwave-safe jug or cup
- A spoon
- An ice cube tray or muffin tin
- A very small amount of water
- Make sure the bits of bar are about the same size, breaking bigger ones into smaller pieces if needed
- Put them in the jug with a few sprinkles of water
- Put the jug in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, opening and stirring every 10 seconds. It will form a runny liquid.
- Once all the bits have melted pour it into the muffin tin or ice cube tray
- Pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours
Two things to know:
- This will only work for Hair & Everywhere or our Shampoo bar, don't do it to our other bars
- The microwave will zap off the panthenol and preservatives in the bars, so use them up quickly and if you have a lot make a few smaller bars and store them in the fridge until you use them
Final Top Tip!
No microwave? No problem. Use a "Bain Marie". Put a heat-proof bowl (glass is often best) over a pan of boiling water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl is above the water by a centimetre or so. Melt the bar "pieces" in the bowl. It will take a bit longer, but you will get there eventually! Then pour from the bowl into your mould - *carefully* it will be very hot, so use oven mitts!
Hope this helps ensure you don't waste a drop!