Yeah, our bars are great — but we also know that for a lot of kids, using a bar is a brand-new experience! Showing them how to use it is something you can do together, though best watch out for those cheeky splashes. Here are the main things you need to know before diving into the plastic-free bathtime game...
What’s the best way to use a Hair & Everywhere Bar?
We realise that using a solid bar soap is a novelty for kids — many have never used one! Here are some suggested techniques:
The "Take Matters into Your Own Hands”:
- Let your child pretend to be a grown-up by handing them the bar and say “go for it” — holding the bar in their hand, show them how to foam it up, and rub the foam all over everywhere! Warning: this technique often results in excess laughter and imaginary play with the bar, which may result in a shorter bar life (but not too much, because we made them to last!).
- Rub the bar against a wet sponge or cloth a couple of times and then use your hands a little to generate a thick, soap-y lather. Then, go at your little stinker with the sponge and the suds will do the rest.
The Sink Side Hustle
- Our Hair & Everywhere Bars are also game to be handwashing soap, sink side. Simply wet hands, give the bar a rub-a-dub, put it back down, rub your fingers and palms together for 20 seconds (singing ‘Happy Birthday’ is a good impromptu timer) and then rinse! Easy peasy.
WAIT... how do you use a bar to wash hair?
What about washing "down there"?
- Wash hair at the end of the bath, not the beginning so soap isn't left in the water.
- Wipe with a cloth containing only water or rinse off with a little fresh water when you leave the bath
- Avoid leaving the bar to float about, instead use it as per the "Sponge Bob" method above and then put it away
How do I store my bar properly between washes?
Like any soap, show your Hair & Everywhere Bar love by letting it dry out between uses on the side of the tub, sink or shower. We like to use the lid of the tin as a soap dish, sitting the bar on top. If it slips off, turn the lid upside down and put the bar in there — just make sure it’s not full of water before you do!
Got another question? Check out our FAQ HERE or send us an email! We’re at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's raise the bath bar, together!