We put a lot of thought into every aspect of Rowdy Kind, and that means we made sure the way it’s shipped to you is as sensitive to the environment as possible too. Here’s all the stuff you might want to know about why our boxes (and the other packaging in them) are so great:
- The Box: Our box is colourful and fun, of course (we are Rowdy after all!) but it’s also 100% cardboard, printed with biodegradable vegan inks, plus the cardboard is Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- The Paper: Our boxes are lined with (and a couple of our bars come wrapped in) glassine paper. Glassine paper is amazing Paper fibres are beaten in a process called supercalendering, and then as the paper is made it’s pressed together between rollers to make a thin, low-permeable paper. But it’s just paper, no wax, no plastic coating – just tree fibres.
- Our Retaining Rings: You need to have something to stop the bars ratting around, and in the end, we went for our simple little rings. That’s because we literally weighed up the options and the rings were the lightest – 2 rings (the max we will use) is 1 g lighter than using a traditional cardboard retainer, and if we don’t need them we have the flexibility to take them out entirely. Our rings are made of kraft, unprinted paper and can be put in your recycling like any other cardboard. They are super useful for crafting projects too 😉
- Stickers: We use paper stickers, so they’re also fully biodegradable.
- Card: we have the smallest insert possible, which means most of the product information is on our website, and we don’t print out receipts and include them for you to throw in the bin. We will send you emails when you confirm your order and these double as your receipt.
We deliver via Royal Mail, who are already coming to your house, so no extra CO2 being produced their either, and if we need to use a separate courier for whatever reason we offset the CO2 for that delivery.
We put a lot of effort into making sure every aspect of our business is responsible. Have some feedback? I’d love to hear it. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's raise the bath bar, together!